Monday, April 11, 2016

How important is Web Design in My Business?

When I first took my business online, I was hesitant that I may not get many customers as I expected. It was my son who suggested building a website for my car rental business. At first, I was skeptical whether this would work as I believe that the competition online is far worse than with traditional marketing. However, I trusted my son that he would do great designing a website for our car rental business. When the website was launched, there was not much of a difference with the number of customers we have, not until he started linking it with a Facebook page of the same name with my business. Business picked up slowly until there came to a point that we were almost fully booked as more customers started coming in.


Right now, I am happy to say that my business has expanded and have even ventured to travel and tours within our city. All thanks to my son who always keep our website updated including our Facebook page. Beyond this success with my business, what kept me wondering was the constant change of the design in our website. I was reluctant to ask my son why he had always something to change, yet I did and learned a lot.

Our web design is crucial to keep our customers interested in what we can offer. Navigation is the term that my son use. He mentioned that our customers need to find the information that they want immediately from our website. If they are looking for the cost, labels about information on the price should easily be seen on the page. He stressed out that what he does in the website is to make everything simple yet attractive to make everyone understand every detail our website says.

Also, he emphasizes the use of brand logo to establish brand consistency. It makes our company easily recognized from others of the same nature. Just like Nike, the check logo makes them easily distinguished from other brands. With our logo, it also builds the authenticity of our company. Customers trust us even more.

Also, the design should include good content. This is where SEO or search engine optimization comes in.Good content makes it possible for search engines to easily find you in the vast world of the World Wide Web. What I understood is that using powerful keywords will directly lead customers to our website. We become visible in the search pages. The content on the web page should match with what we are trying to sell to the public. This will build trust among clients.

Finally, a good web design should be easy to access. My son told me that our website can easily load on search engines. When a website takes a long time to appear, customers get impatient and move on to another website. This is where some website lose their customers. It is important to design a website that is fast and reliable for better user-experience.

At my age, I did not really expect to learn these things, but I am thankful I did as I understand more about building a good image for our company. Web design is important in my business, and I think that all small businesses should make this a priority to ensure conversions and success to your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment